Chemical Splash Standards
Workers who work with chemicals need to know what can happen and how important it is to protect themselves. If they are not protected, they can get chemical burns which is both expensive and can be deadly. Splash protective apparel helps keep them safe by reducing the chances of getting a chemical burn on their skin. There are two ways to test the protective ability of a material: permeation resistance testing and penetration resistance testing.
Related Chemical Splash Standards
Organizational Standards in the Industry
There are several organizations involved with the issues of protection from chemical splash hazards common to all industrial work. You should be aware of these organizations and their function.
- NFPA 70E -End users most useful standard: Available from NFPA- National Fire Protection Association at nfpa.org
- OSHA – Occupational Safety and Health Administration at osha.gov
- ASTM – American Society for Testing Materials at astm.org
- ISEA – Internatinal Safety Equipment Assosiation at safetyequipment.org
- NSC – National Safety Council at nsc.org
Need a Steel Grip Sales Rep?
Get in touch with a Steel Grip sales representative to learn more about our products – whether you need help finding a certain item or sorting through the sea of standards, we’ll work with you to equip your team.