Working under conditions with limited visibility is extremely dangerous. If you and your crew are working in the dark or in a high traffic area, you’ll need to equip them with PPE clothing that ensures they stay seen to stay safe.
Wearing high visibility safety apparel is important if you are working around vehicles. In 2004, 15% of all transportation related incidents were caused by a worker being struck by a moving vehicle. That number went up 11% from 2003 to 2004.
Steel Grip provides high visibility clothing that will alert drivers and other workers, especially in low-light environments.
Related HiVis Standards
Organizational Standards in the Industry
There are several organizations involved with workers whose job requires them to work around vehicular traffic, and you should be aware of these organizations and their function.
- NFPA 70E -End users most useful standard: Available from NFPA- National Fire Protection Association at nfpa.org
- OSHA – Occupational Safety and Health Administration at osha.gov
- ASTM – American Society for Testing Materials at astm.org
- ISEA – Internatinal Safety Equipment Assosiation at safetyequipment.org
- NSC – National Safety Council at nsc.org
Need a Steel Grip Sales Rep?
Get in touch with a Steel Grip sales representative to learn more about our products – whether you need help finding a certain item or sorting through the sea of standards, we’ll work with you to equip your team.